Wednesday, March 17, 2010

9 Weeks Old!



I can't believe it's been 9 weeks already. Time really does go fast.

Since she has come of the vent last Friday its been quiet. Quiet is ok with us. She goes up and down on her oxygen needs. Her heart rate goes up and down. But as of today she hasn't needed to go back on the vent. She still could and we are prepared if that happens, but she doing good right now.

You might notice that in the recent pictures Amirah's eyes look a little puffy. This is a side effect of her lung disease. Basically she's retaining water. They may give her another round of laysics or they may give her another drug, but for now they are just in a wait and see mode.

One great thing since coming off the vent is that we get to hold her more and more. On Sunday and Monday Andy and I both got to hold her. Yesterday I got to hold her for about 3 hours! It's not only easier to hold her with the CPAP but we really get to look at her while holding her. I can't put words to the experience.

I am trying really hard not to get to excited about her coming home. It is still any where from 4-6 weeks or more from now. My sister did remind me that I would be feeling the same excitement even if we had gone to full term, except I would be really uncomfortable and excited. It made me feel better to remember that.

Over the weekend Andy and I went to finish our registry. It was an extremely over whelming experience and we both walked out of the store feeling completely unprepared. But after talking with my mom and my sisters we felt better and have begun gather things for her homecoming.

That's all for tonight. As always, we are so grateful for all the continuous love, support and prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment