Tuesday, May 18, 2010

17 Weeks 6 days

Just a quick update on Amirah....

I met with the E.N.T surgeon this afternoon. Basically she will take Amirah to the operating room (probably next Tuesday) and look down into her trachea to check that there isn't anything else that might be causing her breathing challenges. There is a possibility that there is irritated tissue that can be removed instead of the tracheotomy. But if there is nothing there she thinks she can do she will then preform the tracheotomy.

In either case, we won't know the outcome until after the surgery. They moved it back to next week mainly because Amirah is on a 5 day course of inhalant antibiotics for small bacteria that is present in her lung secretions. The antibiotics are already helping her feel more like her self.

It's hard for me to know what to do with myself for the next week. Part of me would like them to just get the surgery done already so we can move on to the next step. I also feel torn about what to "wish" for... as most people know about me, I am a positive thinker, so there is a HUGE part of me that is wanting to just think about it being just some irritated tissue that could be removed instead of the need for a trach. I guess I just need to think about the end results of her being able to breath easier what ever it takes to get her there.

I guess that's all for now. As always, thank you for all the love, prayers and support that EVERYONE (even people we don't know) is sending our way. We truly are blessed.

Love is Always
Johanna

No comments:

Post a Comment