Monday, March 22, 2010

9 Weeks 5 days

Big step - Yesterday she was moved to a new room. Her new room is for the bigger babies that don't need as much critical care. Its a great step towards coming home. The room is much nicer. More space, much quieter. There are only 3 other spaces in the room for babies. It was so exciting to be moved :)

She's doing good on the CPAP and every day is requiring less and less oxygen. I am really hoping she will come off the CPAP soon. She can't come home on the CPAP, she can't nipple feed on the CPAP. But if she can get on the nasal cannula then she can do both of those things.

I am starting to get really excited about her home coming. And trying to remain patient. But each day it becomes harder and harder. I find myself wanting to spend more and more time with her and its harder to leave her at the end of my visit.

As I sat holding her in my arms today, I thought of all the amazing mom's I know, especially my mother. I hope that I can be half the mother to Amirah that my mother is to me. I sat there looking at my daughters amazingly long fingers and dreamed of her future. When I experience those thoughts I can't help but think of my mother and her dreams for her children. I am overwhelmed with the love and power of life. And so thankful for everything I have.

I think I have begun my nesting and find myself increasingly annoyed with my lack of organizational skills and house keeping habits. I have boxes of cloths that I packed when we moved that I need to go through. Part of me is tempted to just take the whole box to Good Will without even going through it.

We have our baby shower coming on Sunday and I am sure once we have the baby stuff set up in her room we will be even more excited. My sister reminded me that even if I had carried full-term these last few weeks would be the same - eagerly awaiting the home coming of our little one. I always try to see the silver lining so, I thanked her for reminding me that we would be experiencing those feelings, but was thankful that I wouldn't have to be extremely uncomfortable in the process.


(I call this her Old Lady in Swim Cap & Nose Plug look lol)

2 comments:

  1. awww She is too precious! I have been following her blog all along! We pray for Amirah daily! I am glad things are looking well and hopefully in the next month she will be able to come home!

    Shannon-from justmommies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. o make me cry first thing early in the morning when I read this....easy to be a good mom to such great kids! o amirah....soon your nana will be able to hold you too! welcome to the world, little darling....

    ReplyDelete