Friday, January 7, 2011

Happy Birthday Amirah!

Again, it has been too long since we updated here. Things here are are pretty typical for us. Amirah is growing (she weighed 19lbs 15oz yesterday at the pediatrician!), she is learning (she sits up for up to 1 minute on her own), she is "talking" more (she said Dada for the first time last Sunday), she is working on her oral skills (she sucked on a pacifier for 15 minutes last night - I was crying I was so happy for her). She amazes us everyday. She makes our hearts swell with love every moment. Andy and I are always saying to each other how happy and content we are (even though Andy is still out of work, neither of us have never been so happy in our lives).

All that being said, I am having moments of extreme sorrow. I start looking back at this last year and become overwhelmed. At times I can't even remember all the things, and at other times little details come rushing in. It's both hard and easy, and not very easy to put into words.

Andy here.

Well folks, as you can see above, Jo is having a hard time. Its a mixture of joy and sorrow for us. Its been such a crazy, tough, and in some cases LONG year. Jo and I feel as if our relationship, our faith, basically everything has been extremely tested. Yet, somehow, we made it through the year! I am happier then I have ever been. I have this beautiful, amazing little girl who makes me laugh every day, and just appreciate the little things. Its been a year of tears of sorrow, laughter and Joy. It's less then 14 minutes till midnight, and my baby girls birthday. I am looking at her and Jo snuggle giggle and laugh, and it fills my heart with joy.

Jo and I both know that there will be trials and tribulations down the road, and that not every day will be filled with ease. However, as you will see in the video that Jo and I are so happy to share with you, the key is not to focus on the past, but to "let it go" and look forward with joy and happiness in your heart to everything that is to come.

To all who read this: I hope this past year has brought you the joy, happiness pleasure, and yes, luck, that it has brought us. We had over 2000 photo's from the past year and had a hard time condensing a year of photo's into a 5 minute video. We think we captured it. Please, enjoy the video. We look forward to sharing this new year with you.

Love is Always,

Andy, Johanna and Amirah

Click below for the video ")
Amirah's 1st Year - A Year in a Life

No comments:

Post a Comment