Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Welcome To Amirah Nation!! Life Day 6/ Day 7

Well if your reading this, you have become (or already are) a member of Amirah Nation.

First and foremost, If haven't thanked you about a hundred times for your love, energy and prayer... Well THANK YOU again!!! My daughter is in a very precarious state right now, and I know without your love, prayers and energy... well we wouldn't be sitting in a bit of sunshine! I wish I could hug each and every one of you! I also want you to know, that you are part of something that quite frankly shocked me. When I first posted about Amirah Nation, I was hoping to get family to just pray for us and send some energy. The next thing I knew, people that I have never meet not only sent well wishes, thoughts and encouragement, they where asking THEIR friends to pray for her as well.

Well here we are folks. There where so many requests for information, my wife had the brilliant idea to start this blog. And here we are.

Life Day 6: Exhaustion. That is the word in a nut shell that seems to describe my family. Amirah's status has not changed much. Last night, She was on a Jet Respirator, which the doctors consider the gentlest they have. They had placed her on it to help increase the oxygen in her system, and to help protect her delicate little lungs. Her lungs are developed, but are so delicate that the other respirators are where to rough on her. Well, in that regard she is already doing better, because they moved her to the next step down :) She is responding, and if you look closely at the attached picks, I think you can see a remarkable difference! Her heart is the next bit of good news. The valve that had remained open upon her birth has closed, her heart responding to the three day course of medicine the doctors prescribed(Ibuprofen). So two very, very serious problems they where having has fixed themselves (with that Valve closed, her lungs should no longer have extra blood in them. One delicate system fixed, in no small part to the power of so many :)

Amirah's scans are coming back negative so far. No bleeding in her brain, no problems detected in her belly. She is active, and fiesty, and when I saw her tonight, just a we bit ticked off :) Jo and I swear it appears almost like Amirah is growing in front of our eyes. The doctors have moved her off the jet respirator (it quickly blows air into her lungs at a rate of 300 puffs a minute) and back to the osccilator respirator. This is yet another small victory. Amirah is becoming so active, the doc's felt it nessary to give her a bit of anti - anxiety medication. Everything that we see seems like a small miracle, and to see the progress is great.

Unfortunately, Amirah is by know means out of the woods. The doctors have detected a blockage in her bowels, but at this point they are unable to determine what it is. It could be mucus or stool, or it could be something else. This is where you come in Amirah Nation!

Amirah is still incredbile weak, and she needs your prayers, your love, your energy. Please help envision Amirah's bowel clearing up. I am going to go ahead and get it out the way and put a smile on your faces. We need to ask that powers that be to give Amirah what she needs to.... yes ladies and gentleman.... POOP!!!! Thats right, we need to invision this is a simple case baby constipation, and that the "works" get to working. This is a common problem in premmies this young, and it can be a serious one. Her big cousin had this problem, and things could go from tough to down right scary! But thats not going to happen, and the reason that is not going to happen is becasue of you!

I was already given the proof of positive thought, and how positive energy from large numbers of people can change the world. People from Africa, Spain, England, France and Italy have taken the few minutes to send energy and good thoughts Amirah's way. The outpouring of love has been AMAZING, and will never be forgotten.

I will do my best to keep you informed to Amirah's Condittion, and I think you in advance for continue to keep my beautiful daughter in your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment