Sunday, February 21, 2010

Week 5


Again I'm sorry its been almost a week since the last update. Amirah is doing well. She weighs about 2lbs. 6oz. She's eating well, pooping well and general do great. She is still on the ventilator, and similar to the her past behavior on the past ventilator, she has good days and not so good days. Basically this week has been a quiet week as it relates to her development.

Last Wednesday I was able to hold her for the first time. I'll be honest, I was really nervous to hold such a little bitty baby. But other than the ventilator tubes being taped to my shirt, once she was on my chest she just felt like a baby...well she felt extra special to me, but her body felt like any other baby I've held before.

She happened to be really awake when they put her on my chest. For about 10 minutes she was awake and looking around, calm and warm on me :). I don't know if I can put words to the emotions I was feeling. But needless to say it was probably one of the most special moments in my life. She fell fast asleep after 10 minutes or so and then just slept on me for another 20 minutes.

Since then she's been de-sating a little bit so neither Andy nor I have been able to hold again yet. But we both no that we will get to again soon.

Like I said it's been a pretty quiet week. We are ok with quiet. She's getting bigger and getting healthier and before we know it she will be home :). We are continuing to try to stay in the moment and not get to anxious. We feel so very blessed for all our family and friends and all the love we have surrounding us. Thank you all so much.

1 comment:

  1. Quiet is good. In fact it's great. :)
    Keep up the good work itty bitty.

    ReplyDelete