Thursday, April 22, 2010

14 weeks 1 day

Today was a hard day for me... actually, this past week or so has been pretty emotionally draining. For the 3rd day in a row I got my hopes up about Amirah coming off the vent and yet again was disappointed. Andy lovingly reminding me that she really is doing good and I should "breath" and continue to be patient. I realized that I am running out of patience.

I think subconsciously (maybe more consciously than I would like to admit) every day past my due date that Amirah isn't home is harder.

Ok, onto the update on Amirah...she is still on the oscillating ventilator but her pressures and her oxygen levels are really close to what they want them to be so she can go back on CPAP. She started eating again on Tuesday and has had no troubles with that. She had lost 12oz while she wasn't being feed (down to 5lbs 2oz) but as of tonight she is back to 5lbs 13oz!

I haven't taken any new photo's of her recently, until yesterday she had a IV in her head because the veins in her arms weren't good anymore. But today they were able to put the IV back in her arm. I will take some photo's of her tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Johanna,Now I know what it is like to see your daughter hooked up to a machine that is breathing for her. I can not imagine having to wait for such a long time. I pray that tomorrow you will see some new miracles to restore your hope and comfort your mind. I love you girl.

    ReplyDelete