Wednesday, April 28, 2010

15 Weeks Old!



Amirah had her first bottle today and did GREAT!!!

I can't believe how good the fast few days have been. She came off the vent last Friday. It's amazing how when you give up the power and just accept how things can change. I had fully accepted that she would come of the vent when she was ready and the next time I went to the NICU she was on the CPAP.

She was really cranky on Monday, so they decided to try her on the nasal cannula, and it helped some, but they suggested I bring in a bouncy seat. So I did....and she LOVES it. She likes to sit up and look around...she's a big girl, loves to be held and talked to.

Today they decided to try her first bottle feed. The nurse started feeding her (I got a few photos) and then she had me feed her for a little while. She ate 24ml (out of 45ml) with NO problem. She actually did so well they are going to try bottle feeding 1 time a shift, not just the 1 time a day.

We also found out she has a little bit of damage to her eyes from the oxygen. It really isn't that bad at this point, but the doctor will re-examine her in 3 weeks. We aren't getting to upset about this at this point. But will keep everyone updated.

That's the big stuff for now. As always, there are no words to express how grateful and blessed we are. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for the continued prayers and love.

Here are a few photos of her from the last few days.


1 comment:

  1. OH MY GOSH!!!!!! What a beauty! I can't wait to meet her and smooch her little face :)

    ReplyDelete