Thursday, July 1, 2010

Going to Blythedale!!




We found out this afternoon that Amirah is scheduled to transfer to Blythedale next Wednesday!!!!

We are so excited. First and foremost, it means she is one step closer to coming home. Second...Andy has vacation next week so he will be able to be there when she transfers and will be able to spend a lot of time with her.

Other than transferring... not much else going on. Amirah is doing great. She is continuing to come down on both her vent settings and her oxygen requirements.

I am really trying to remember to be in the moment with all this. At times I find myself getting very very impatient to have her home. I know she will be here soon but sometimes that just not enough.

Everyday Amirah's personality comes out more. Sometimes as I sit with her she just makes me giggle. Her eye and eyebrows are so expressive. Speaking of giggling. I think I heard a small little giggle like sound come from her today. I consider us very lucky. Lot's of trach babies don't make any sound. But Amirah has a "leak" in her trach and is able to make some noises. Sometimes she cries, sometimes she coo's and now hopefully sometimes she giggles :).

That's really all for now...I'll close with sweet little picture of Amirah sleeping in my arms...

No comments:

Post a Comment