Thursday, August 5, 2010

203 DAYS!!!



It's been 203 days in the NICU! It sounds like a really long time when you put into days, doesn't it?

We had been planning that Amirah was going to Blythdale yesterday, but Tuesday she started a fever. Soooo.... that meant they had to run a bunch of test. Blood tests, urine tests, lung secreation tests...all to see if she had an infection. They started her on IV antibotics right away ust as a precaution. All the initial results indicated she DID NOT have an infection and her mood was great. Today at five o'clock we found out that she indeed DID NOT have any infection! So the plan is now to send her to Blythdale early next week. We are hoping for Monday.

We joke with the NICU staff that Amirah just wasn't ready to leave yet and that she wanted one more weekend there with her friends :) I joke now, but Tuesday when her fever started I was devasteaed. I was SOOOOO ready for her to go. But, as usual, amirah had more to teach me about patience and surrounding control. It's not an easy lesson to learn, but Amirah is a very good teacher, and it is becoming easier and easier to let go of the control over things I have NO control over.

I am so grateful for our daughter. She is sooo amazingly beautiful and her calm little being is a joy to be around. She is a very calm baby for all that she has to go through on a daily basis. When she is awake she looks around with her big brown eyes and takes in EVERYTHING around her. I could go on and on about all the cute little things she does, but it be boring to everyone else but me :)

I hope to update next week that she is in Blythdale, but am ok with what ever happens at this point. I am just so grateful that Amirah is growing and getting bigger and stronger everyday.

Here's a cute photo of her in her bath from Tuesday....

2 comments:

  1. There is a ruuning joke that we never ask the Lord for patience because there is only one way to get it. By waiting...
    I admire your great attitude and strength. I know at times it must be so hard. I also know you will look back at these times a year from now and marvel at the road you have traveled.
    You have a precious baby and a precious family. Sometimes because of our difficulties rather than in spite of them be become who we were created to be.
    love you jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you too Aunt Denise. And I agree, I know we will look back at this a year from now with new perspective and be amazed :)

    ReplyDelete